Tuesday, 1 January 2008

What's happening in Kenya?

Well, I've tried the International news channels - CNN, BBC News 24 and well, they keep telling me what I've already found out elsewhere. Forums, unfortunately are so full of rumours and hurtful comments, sigh. I'll stick to bloggers like Mental Acrobatics, Afro Musing, Thinkers' Room and Kenyan pundit - they seem to have news on tap - when they get a chance to update their blogs. Follow links to the left for more news from these guys...

It's especially difficult knowing your family is right in the middle of these unstable areas, and well, I'm worried for my siblings, sigh. Simple necessities like bread and milk are harder and harder to come by, and when one gets them, prices are ridiculously inflated. I so wish I was in Kenya just so I can look after my siblings though I'm sure they're looking after themselves well - they are sensible. Most of all, I'm wishing right now that all my loved ones were here with me....

Prayers that this unrest gets sorted sooner rather than later...

Oh, and a happy new year to all.