Thursday, 3 January 2008

Latest - 4/1/8...

Well, this is a text message I got from my brother this morning, after scolding him on text for not replying and i couldn't get through to them (worries me no end!)... 'Don't worry. Sent text jana, didn't get? We're keeping safe, don't worry. Police and protesters' battle still on.. houses, cars, petrol stations on fire. No access to town, tension great XxX'

Well, at least they're safe, so thank God for that!

My sister, who lives at the other end of the city in Dandora (been seeing this place in the news and it's full of mayhem), heavily pregnant and well, has no access to hospital if she goes into labour just sent me one saying... 'things are back to normal'. I pray that's true, but I suspect she's not wanting me to worry as I've been trying to convince her to carry her family and go to my mum's house, which is where my other siblings are and is fairly safe, plus there's a hospital she can go into close by. Trouble is how to get across safely. Praying this baby stays put for now till it's well calm.....

Oh, and a comprehensive list of Kenyan bloggers covering the elections and the aftermath from Hash. Thanks Hash!